Monday, July 13, 2009

When you just need a table of results -> Google Squared


Keeping up with different search engines and search methods is a challenge. Google has a new application called "Google squared" that will build you a table of search results. Sometimes it gives poor results, but other searches work quite nicely, particularly for topics that have obvious lists.

Here are some examples where GS produces good results:
1. reality TV shows
2. fire island accomodations
3. blues musicians
4. sports cars


Here are some examples where GS produces poor results:
1. english rugby clubs
2. united states senators
3. ohio farmers markets
4. graphic artists

2 comments:

  1. Hey Fro, this is great! I know I will identify an issue and will find the answer here! If not, I'll post a query... So now to discover all the possibilites within my computer.. Oh, just thought of one: my mac seems to be at capacity on the hard disk. Can I get it cleaned out, or is it time to purchase a new one? You know how old it is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ribs, Just posted an entry about how to tell what is on your disk to see it you can delete and free up space. My feeling is that if you are frustrated and are struggling with an old machine that is strong evidence you need a new laptop. This usually happens with me after 3 years. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete